- Facts On Immigration
- In the United States in 2010, there were 39.9 million foreign born people.
People who come to the United States from other countries, who are foreign born, are called immigrants. Immigrants face immigrations laws. Immigration laws in America are something that is often debated.
- Fifty one percent of the foreign born individuals in the United States are women.
Immigration affects all genders, cultures, statuses, and religions.
- Facts About Illegal Immigrants
- 16.6 million families have at least one undocumented immigrant.
An undocumented immigrant is one that comes to the Unite States without proper documents or identification. They are also know as illegal immigrants. Illegal immigration laws are heavily debated in the United States.
- Less than half, 46 percent, of undocumented immigrant households are couples with children. Immigration laws in us affect every member of a family even children. Immigration lawyers in your area can help with immigration laws when children are involved.
- In 2010, 4.5 million children born in the United States had at least one undocumented immigrant parent.
Again, immigration affects all members of a family. Children born in the United States to an undocumented immigrant parent are not at fault.
If you have questions about immigration laws, contact an immigration lawyer in your area.