Interested in going on hunting trips, but maybe you aren’t sure where to go on your hunting vacations? Whether you are searching for big game hunts, or maybe you don’t hunt at all, but either way, something like elk guided hunts or black bear hunting guides might be of interest to you? How about other interesting facts on elk or just in general? Black bear hunting is also popular. Here are some interesting facts that you might want be interested to know about hunting before you embark on any of your hunting vacations.
1. Of course one of the oldest activities that man has ever participated in is hunting. Early man would hunt large game like mammoth in groups, using large rocks and spears or herding it off of a cliff.
2. Parts of game animals that are not eaten, such as elk velvet and antlers, are used in traditional medicines in some cultures, such as in some parts of Asia.
3. Besides being made into fertilizer, turkey litter, which is material like wood chips mixed with droppings, can also double as a fuel source in some electric power plants.
4. The Ursus Americanus or North American black bear is medium sized in the bear family, and the most common and smallest bear species in North America.
5. As much as 85 percent of a black bear’s diet is vegetable matter, usually leaves and young shoots, but they will also consume larvae and insects.